I've always been one of those guys that loves music. I love playing the guitar. I love singing. I've always admired how great song writers (in my opinion) like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Louie Giglio, etc... could come up with amazing songs to worship to. So I thought, how hard can it be? Well, it's hard.
Anyway, I have had a lot of thoughts lately that just kinda wanted to come out so I decided to try and throw some music together with them. It's cool to me because I can express myself to God in a way that I never have before. I'm not saying it's good, but to God, it's awesome. That's what I love. I don't have to write these awesome songs that will be sang all over the world. I can just tell Jesus how I feel and that is music to Him. I guess that is what David and the other Psalmists had in mind when they were singing to God. It's free to be able to just sing how you feel and tell Him what's up with you by doing something you love. I guess that is true with any type of expression of worship that we show to Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cool Matt. It fun and creative and feels good at the same time. Write on brother.
I didn't know you were a musician. How long have you been playing guitar?
I've been playing since I was 18. I have been kinda burned out with it for a while so I put it down for a while. I've picked it up for the last couple of months and love it again. I guess it's just kind of a hobby. I really just like cool sounding music and would love to be able to create it and play it for worship.
Post a Comment