Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Remember this?


Wow, this really brought back some memories.

Nicole & I were looking for a new place to eat the other day. We chose to eat here.

Man, do I have some memories! This place is where I began learning about the things that are of greatest significance to me: coffee, relationship, socializing, coffee, early rising (that was a stretch), friendships, & coffee.

This is the place I grew up going all through high school with our youth group. Every Tuesday morning we went to the City Cafe and just hanged out before school. It's where I learned that I can just hang out with people, have a good time and be myself. (That's pretty much my favorite thing these days.)

I remember where we always ate (the middle row), the people who consistantly showed up and even where I sat most of the time.

It's still the same. Same tables, baskets, and the coffee and muffins are still in the same place. It hasn't changed a bit. (Is that good or bad? It's Carson City, NV., where nothing changes.)

Good times.

4 comments:

Scotty Do said...

holy crap, matty....that brings it back alright. just like going to OOR. I would imagine that nothing has changed. all i know is that the Guatemalan coffee would give me some killer duces and the blueberry cream-cheese muffin was the absolute king of the muffins.

Matty C. said...

I hated the coffee. I need it with lots of flavored creamer. They never had it. But the muffins; bueno!

It wasn't until my introduction to Starbucks that I became infatuated with coffee.

Funny thing, I haven't had coffee in over a month. Guess that infatuation is starting to cease.

digapigmy said...

estrogen is a more powerful stimulant than caffeine. when it comes with a girl, at least - i don't recommend the injections.

scoeyd said...

I remember. Some of the best times of my life.