Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday stuff

Omaha, Nebraska isn't one of those places I think of as a vacation getaway. It's not really anywhere I even want to go. Well, except once a year, for about 12 days, I want to visit Rosenblatt Stadium.

The College World Series has been a place I've wanted to go since high school.

I remember watching teams like Wichita State, Miami, Stanford, LSU, ASU, Auburn, and more, play the best baseball you could want to watch. Then, after the championship game, get to watch the celebration. It was awesome!

Maybe one day. But for now, I'll settle for ESPN and my leather couch.

******************************

I'm reading this book called Samson and the Pirate Monks. It's about accountability vs. solitude. I'm really into it.

I feel encouraged to implement some of the recommendations that are addressed in this book. I really do believe that there are issues out there that can affect us on the personal level if we don't be proactive and not allow stuff into our lives.

Anyway, it's a pretty interesting book.

*****************************

I'm home from church today. I wanted to see the ASU vs. North Carolina game. I love ASU baseball.

*****************************

June 15th is Nicole's b-day. She's having a little BBQ later today to celebrate. It's gonna be fun.

I pray that God would bless her on her 28th birthday. She's a good one to keep around. I guess that makes her a "keeper"!

*****************************


I finished season 1 of the Big Bang Theory. Great show! I highly recommend it for a good laugh.




*****************************

I made some pasta salad last night. It took me like an hour. I remember why I don't do much cooking around my house. It takes too long. When I feel the hunger, I want the food soon.

I love the pasta salad though. It tastes great! It's gotta be a favorite.

I gave it a try today. It was a little dry. I have to moisten it up before we eat it today.

4 comments:

The Author said...

Perhaps we should take a trip sometime to good ol' Nebraska.

Matty C. said...

Would you really go? If so, I'll take you up on that.

Murdoc said...

No, Im just saying that. Yes I'd go.

Matty C. said...

Next year maybe!