It's nice right now. I'm sitting on my couch, in the dark, watching NCIS (a favorite show of mine), and doing another favorite thing of mine: sitting with the Christmas Tree lights on, in the dark.
********************
Today was an early day out of work. 1:15 pm. The weather wasn't exactly the greatest. It was a crazy drive in to work and a little better home. But all in all, I'd rather be home.
********************
Nicole and I are cleaning out my house. And believe me, it's getting clean. I've gotten rid of so much stuff. Bags and bags of stuff I'm not using/wearing. The hardest thing so far is getting rid of books. I like books. I keep telling myself that others will get to benefit from them and be entertained by them like I was. It doesn't make it easier though, but I know I have to get rid of them. I'm a hoarder when it comes to books.
I have certain ones that I love. I kept most of those and gave some to people who I know would love to read them. Mostly my mom. She's a reader.
I've got to say, Nicole knows how to clean and keep some order. Me, well, I don't. When Nicole and I started dating, she thought I was this totally clean and organized guy. Nope! Fooled her. She thought that because my office, work area and files are spotless and organized. Not true of my home. I'm "Matty" clean. That's not "Nikki" clean. I like "Nikki" clean way better. (Probably because she's a girl and I like her.)
********************
I'm running again. I took four months off for my surgery and wasn't able to. I love being back to myself. I don't quite feel like myself when I can't.
Hopefully I'll get to run the half marathon on May 2nd here in Reno. We'll see. I'm training for it.
********************
Random/useless knowledge:
1) 96% of people put the peanut butter on first when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
2) Your brain is 80% water.
3) Long Acre Square was the original name of New York's Times Square.
4) The human heart can create enough pressure that it could squirt blood at a distance of thirty feet.
5) On average, it is estimated that females injure themselves ten times more than males do while playing sports.
No comments:
Post a Comment