Thursday, February 23, 2006

High school all over again

It's been about nine years since I've been in high school and I feel like I went back the other night. It was crazy because I have not really felt that way until Tues. I usually never go to the gym between 4:30 and 8:00 pm because it is extremely busy. I usually like to go during the day to get it over with. Well, I decided to go after a nap around 6:00. I walk in and it's packed to the rim with people. So as I'm working out, I realize there are these little groups of people that are hanging out together. Some remind me of the jocks, others as another group of people hanging out together. Some you could tell were there for the ladies and others just to get big. Then there was the occassional loner, like myself, who stays to himself pretty much because I'm only there for the workout. But as I'm looking, I remember people telling me that high school was just a time in your life and when you get out there are no clicks. NOT TRUE. I saw it for my own eyes. It still exists. Maybe only in that area but it is still around.

6 comments:

JayBird said...

so which group did you want to hang-out w/the most?

David said...

Try working in a casino. The spokesmodels are like the cheerleaders and the cocktail waitresses are like the drill team (you might date one of them, but you wouldn't want anyone to know). The audio-video guys are still nerds and there's even more gossip.

No(dot dot)el said...

humanity breeds clicks. always has , always will. it is funny when you notice that it doesn't ever change from kindergarten to the gym as an adult, some things never change. it unnerves people when you bust out of those clicks, pretty fun to do.
also the gym is some of the best people watchin around.

Jeni said...

You know what's a really fun one, is cliques in the workplace... Especially when there's managers involved...

Murdoc said...

I would still hang out with you matt. But only if you bought me chew again. Ah, the good ol' days.

Double D said...

I just graduated like...almost 4 years ago...yeah 4, dang I'm getting old. But I was never told that clicks didn't exist out of high school. And I think in a lot of ways its worse after high school, and pretty much, they're more harmful to the loners out there now too...hmmm...