I have recently heard the song by Jeremy Camp, "Walk by faith." It has been on my mind and I have been singing it. However, I actually tried to apply it to my life and I have a really hard time putting it into practice. I am wondering what everyone else's thoughts about applying these words to their lives are. "I will walk by faith even when I can't see..." I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Matty C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It's a great goal but something that, for me, hasn't come quickly or easily but has required a lot of persistent effort and time spent reading and thinking about God's promises--working toward a renewed mind. Still working on it. :)
For me the applications I'm currently working on are;
1. Not quitting, especially when I fail or when I don't understand.
2. Taking risks, especially risks that benefit others at potentially my own expense (money, vulnerability, potential pain, potential misunderstanding, potential rejection)
Georgia,
I think that thinking and pondering God's word is one of the best ways but it is so hard. For me, I struggle constantly with just trying to remember one or two concepts that I read about in my devotion. But, I do that and like you said, it takes a lot of persistent effort. It's good to hear that others have to put forth a lot of effort as well because sometimes I feel like I am just not getting it.
Matt, I learned early on as a result of moving around a lot during jr. high and high school that God always has our best interests in mind. I am in an anxious time of my life since I'm waiting to find out which law school my wife is going to.
However, I've been though too many experiences with positive outcomes when I was unsure of how things would turn out to question what's going down. When I'm unsure of things, the one thing I am sure of is that God will always provide everything that I need, and some things I didn't know I wanted.
I have found that Kenneth Copeland's devotionals have a lot of good insights into building faith in God's promises. You might check out his website--he has a free newsletter and some devotional books.
www.kcm.org
i finally saw your blog! it's so good to have you. now you have no excuse to come and comment on mine as well.
Hey David, I really liked your observation. It was a good reminder. Just as you implied God has the perfect place picked out for you and your wife and I'll pray into that.
Post a Comment