Last night, I again woke up at around 1:27 am to find myself wide awake. I lay there thinking about this new motorcycle that I want really bad. I've looked at it, priced it, checked all the financing options but I just can't pull the trigger on buying it. So I lay there thinking about me cruising everywhere on it. You know, like in the movies, where they imagine themselves doing something great because of this bike, maybe even getting all the ladies, saving someone's life, etc... Well, then I came back to reality and realized that I need to think about something else. So I got to thinking about Jesus and His name.
Earlier in the day I had some training at work. During the course of this training I heard the multiple curse words that usually fill my ears from co-workers. But one caught my attention a little different. "Jesus Christ" the guy says. I think, man, did he have to use that word? Then I soon forgot about it. Until 1:27 roles around and my mind starts racing I start thinking of Jesus and the holiness, purity and power of His name. Then it hits me. There is real power in the name of Jesus Christ. As a Christ follower I say that word when I am calling on Him because of fear, anxiety, prayer, etc... But as a Christ follower that is what we do. We call upon the name of the Lord because we know there is power. The funny thing is, the world that doesn't follow Christ still know that there is power in His name or else they wouldn't say it. There is power in response, emotion, etc... when saying that word. I think that it is a God thing that there is so much power in that name.
I really don't know why people use it but they do. I realize the power in it as well. It is a shame to me that the enemy can distort such a powerful thing and allow people to want to use it as a slang term. Anyway, those are my thoughts from 1:27am-3:55am this morning. Hopefully they are clear. Well, as clear as 1:27am can sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i think alot of times those can be conversation starters like, "why do you say that name and not budda?" or after they are done, "He loves you , you know" I am not around as many people anymore that say Jesus name like that but when I am even if its a perfect stranger like in the grocery store, they say His name and then I resond "Loves you" loud enough for them to hear. maybe it's cheesy, maybe they don't really care or even hear me but it's my way of redeeming the way his name was just used.
Reminds me of Facedown, when Matt Redman just starts belting out "Jesus!". I can feel the power of His name just listening to it. There surely is no other name greater than His.
It's funny because when I am struggling with something, in need, or scared, whatever, that is what I say. Jesus. It's just what I do. I know there is something greater in it than anything else, something so supernatural that I can't explain it. It's just what I choose to run to and place my trust in.
there is great power! love it. i love how God speaks to you. Im soo glad you have a blog to share your stories and im even more glad that i have a bible study with you and others! God has blessed you in the fact that he really speaks to you and through you! :)
I love ya man! You're the bestest, most goodest looking, buffest usher in the whole wide world . . .
I can't wait until May 14th . . .
So, did Jesus let you know what suzuki to buy?
So, did Jesus let you know what suzuki to buy?
Post a Comment