Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just hangin' out.

Tonight I was doing laundry, getting ready to go back to the academy. I was flippin through the channels and there was a conspiracy theory show about 9/11. I thought I would check it out. Man, this stuff is crazy. They are actually saying that the government knew of the attacks but needed a reason to get into Iraq so they did nothing. Another said that there were bombs going off on the floors below the Twin Towers as they were falling. Many others about the Pentagon, etc...

First off, I can't believe some people and their thought process. Secondly, I can't believe people get paid to think and figure this crap out. I guess some are actually into that kind of stuff. Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't think any U.S. official could do what they were saying the government did.

But anyway, I'm somewhat interested in what they have to say and somewhat repulsed by it. I want to hear what they have to say and part of me wants to yell at them. To me, I just can't imagine any official or person for that matter being able to live knowing that was going to happen. I just don't believe the conspiracy theories.

************
On another note, Saturday was an interesting day. About 1:00 pm, I receive a call from a buddy. He asks me if I'm going to my reunion. High School reunion? i respond. He says ya. I had never received any invite or anything. As a matter of fact, I didn't even want to go. I didn't hang out with them when I was in high school, why would I want to hang out with them ten years later.

I told him I would go. I was actually pretty excited for a little while. But as the day grew on, I really didn't want to go. I don't know why, but I was nervous. What if it's just like high school?, I thought. But I went. It wasn't too bad. Funny thing, I didn't really know anyone. I didn't recognize them either. Many gained weight, lost hair, looked normal, now, or just changed. I saw a few people that I was glad to see and we were able to stand on the outskirts of it all and just watch all the people. That was the interesting part.

I really did think that I would be the only one who wasn't married. From the looks of it all, I was a part of the majority. It didn't appear that many people were married after ten years.

For the most part, it was good. It was interesting to see what people went into and where their lives have taken them. I am content though, only seeing some of these people every ten years. That's enough.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

i had a great time at my ten year reunion. now i can't wait for the big 20. hee hee. so crazy.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Matty...about the music on your blog....www.projectplaylist.org. It takes a minute to get it together, but it's fun. You give a name to your playlist and search for the music you want. It's good to test out the songs before you add them just to be sure they work. Have fun!