Monday, December 03, 2007

CIM

We got back yesterday from the California International Marathon. It was pretty fun. Really crowded. We had a team best of 3:59. We were all proud of that. I don't know how many people ran. Somewhere in the range of 6,000 people I believe.

Today, I am really sore. I have been nursing an ankle injury and so I was just going to wing it in the race. I didn't really know what to expect. Luckily, it felt very good during the run. I came out with roughly 61 minutes for 7.6 miles. That is my personal best. That's roughly an 8:03 mile.

I think I'm going to definitely do this again next year. Shawn, Brian, Brent and myself are hoping to do about four relays a year just to keep up the running. I think we may look for one around March. Hopefully so. I love hanging with the boys on these kind of trips.

Overall, I can't really speak for the rest of the team but it was pretty fun. Not as fun as others in the past because you don't get to follow your teammates on this run. You're not as involved. Too crowded. This makes it less fun to me. But it's all good.

I just like roadtrips and hanging with the boys.

4 comments:

digapigmy said...

i like prerace meals that involve gummy bears, beer, and ice cream.

my body is a temple, matty.

Matty C. said...

Brent, I still have a lot to learn from you. Please, give me time to learn. I'll be there soon, hopefully

scoeyd said...

Roadtrips are the best. We should take one to Disneyland with the boys. 3 Days of non-stop joy.

scoeyd said...

Matty- Can't wait to hear from you again. Post away!