Well, it's been a while. Not too much is happening. That, and I haven't had too much access to a computer. Good news for me though, I'm buying a new laptop, hopefully by the end of the month.
Some new updates on Matty's life...
I was accepted into grad school at UNR. Didn't have to take the GRE, which was beautiful. I'm not too sure if I'm going to make it for the spring semester. I'm kinda late on some stuff but they said they'd try to work it out. They're pretty good to me so far. I actually didn't have the GPA to get in. I was short 300th of a point but they just accepted me anyway. I'm pretty excited. I never imagined that Matt Clapham would be getting a master's degree. We'll see.
Christmas at work was actually really awesome this year. I got to do the coolest thing ever. A local family resource center called us and asked us if we wanted any free stuff for families to hand out. So myself and another PO went over there and in this room was nothing but free toys for families. I picked three families from my caseload and got to just grab stuff for them. I was so excited for them.
You would not believe their faces. Excitement at its finest. These kids have nothing and they were so happy just to have a model or a game. I can't even explain how awesome it felt.
I haven't been able to run for a month now. It's driving me crazy. I'm biking at the gym and at my house but definately not the same. I'm going to have to get the ankle checked out. I can't handle the lack of running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i haven't run for a month, but i have no excuse other than laziness. we need to get signed up for a race soon. unfortunately i can't do the odyssey this year becuase they moved it up to the beginning of june and it's on graduation night. crappy.
No odyssey huh? That's muy sucko! I'm going to the doc tomorrow. I actually can't wait to see what he says so I can get out there again. Muy goodo!!!
Dude. I totally know a spanish speaker that can help you out with your translation... Let me know if you want me to introduce you.
Congratulations on your opportunity to further your education.
By the way, the hug you gave me the other night was way special.
;-)
Tim, "you had me from hello."
Lou, no hablo espanol bien.
Matty - what a great Christmas experience. Love doing things like that...so great.
congrats on your school pursuits. you're brave to take on the masters. UNR is looking rather schnazzy these days too...all those cool new buildings south of the athletic center...nice.
We'll see about the master's. I really am looking forward to it. I still don't think I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm up at 4-4:30 each day, work and the last thing I want is more work when I get home. I'll have to adjust. We'll see though. Weekends is when it's going to have to happen. Overall, I'm excited though and I guess that's what matters.
The Christmas thing was totally awesome. I can't explain it.
Post a Comment