Monday, February 08, 2010

A small joy

It's the little things in life that I look forward to and love. A good run or bike ride, a cup of decaf coffee with chocolate caramel creamer, a good book, a comfortable spot on the couch, or simply, the rain.

All day yesterday, I looked outside, hoping to see/hear the rain. Only to my dismay, it barely sprinkled.

As I lay in bed, warm and trying to relax, reading, I hear a familiar noise. Rain? No! Instead, it's an ugly, metalic sort of dripping noise. An ugly, metalic noise that I've grown to love after hating it so bad.

See, when I hear the dripping noise. It's raining. Over time, that drip has become a comfort to me.

I love the rain. It's refreshing, cool, and adds a new feeling of excitement to my day. When it's here, I just want to be in it. I don't care if I get wet. I'll dry off. I just want to be in it.

I went out last night around 11:15 pm and sure enough, it had finally started coming down. I had to go back inside, (because I was cold), and I layed down in my bed. What I realized again was, I find peace in the little comforts. The little things that make me feel at home, in my comfort. It's unique to my house. It's only an ugly, metalic dripping noise at my house and I've grown to enjoy that ugly, metalic dripping noise because it's mine. It's where I've grown to become comfortable.

No comments: