Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since my last blog. I've missed it. I think about it often. I just never seem to get around to it. And frankly, I'm just not that interesting of a guy to have much to write about.

A lot has happened since my last blog on Semptember 5th. UNR football games, new books, baby news, a trip to Southern Cal (I usually refer to it as LA but my wife makes sure I know it's Orange County), Disneyland, family visits, home rebuilding news, etc... It's been a good month and a half.

******************************
I don't like to complain but I do want to express a bit of a let down that occurred recently. The Nevada vs. Hawaii football game last night. That was a rough one. I was pretty disappointed in the No. 19 Wolf Pack. They didn't play like a ranked team at all.

******************************
Now, on to more positive things...

We heard the baby's heartbeat on September 15th. Nicole totally heard it. Me, I didn't know what I was trying to hear until it was over. But now I've got it down. 159 beats a minute. The Dr. says it's a healthy baby. Awesome!

******************************
I'm reading a new author: Alex Berenson. I like his writing and he keeps me entertained. I guess that's what matters. The Faithful Spy is book 1 in the series.











******************************
The trip to "Orange County" was a success. It was much needed too. We needed to get away for a while and I really wanted to see my parents. It was nice!

We got to hang out with my parents on the first day. They took us to this place called the Souplantation. It was awesome! A soup and salad buffet. My kind of place.

It was so nice just to sit, hang out and catch up.

We also saw a lot of Nicole's family. They had a big family get together for her aunt's birthday. Good people!

******************************
Disneyland was obviously Awesome! I love that place.


The ice cream was definitely a highlight for me.

















My Mad Hatter is way hotter than Johnny Depp.




******************************
I'm excited for November 17th. It's our appointment to find out if we're having a little bambino or bambina. I can't wait.

A lot of people tell me that I'm making a mistake about finding out the sex. I don't think so. We want to know, so we're finding out. Personally, I need to be mentally prepared. Mistake or not, I'm excited.

******************************
I've got 3 weeks left to train for my next half marathon. We're going to Fresno, Ca., to run this one.

******************************
I went for a run this evening. It was nice. No head phones, a slight chill, and some rain. It was awesome.

I usually run with some sort of noise in my ears, ie., Dan Patrick Show, Colin Cowherd or some David Crowder. Tonight, I decided to go silent. It's definitely different but tonight it was nice. I got to do some good thinking.

One thing that I will share from my thoughts tonight was how thankful I am for my woman. I love who she is, the way she looks and where she's going in life. There are so many women out there but she's the one I want.

******************************
I'm struggling staying in touch with people. It's not a new thing. It's something that has been happening for a while and it's been bothering me.

Lately, I've been trying to connect with my friends more regularly. It's important to me to be connected so I want to make sure that I'm doing my part. It's hard, but I'm determined to do it. At least better than what I have been.

*****************************
Lastly, this is appropriate for the SF Giants in the playoffs. My boss showed me this video. It's pretty good.

Click here for video.

No comments: