Tuesday, November 09, 2010

13 miles, a root canal & tender nipples

Vacation spots aren't always tropical or luxurious for me. Sometimes it's just a place to get away from it all, see a good buddy or both. This time, it was both. Clovis, Ca., was just that place and Scotty was just that buddy.

Nicole and I spent the weekend with Scotty, Heather & the boys. Time to catch up, lots of wrestling (with the boys, not Scott), and a 13.1 mile run were my highlights.



I ran my third half marathon on Sunday, 11/7/10. This one felt brutal on the body for some reason but I still met my goal of finishing under two hours. 1:57:50 to be exact. But like I said, it was definitely painful. Sore knees (IT bands), hip flexors and calves. To top it off, I had the dreadful "nipple rub" going on. By the end of the race, it was not pretty. Pure pain! Plain and simple.

Scotty was awesome in his first half marathon. He finished in 2:07:29. Atta boy!

******************************
It never fails. When I visit California, it snows. And when it snows, that means chains. Gotta love the Sierra's.

******************************
I'm a blessed person. I've always had a lot of favor from baby Jesus. I've got a wonderful life and good things going for me. To top it off, I even have all of my teeth. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. But, even though I have all my teeth, that doesn't mean I know for how long.

I recently scheduled an appointment to fix a couple of my teeth. Today was tooth number one, or as the dentist refers to it, tooth "14." I needed a crown put on to preserve what was left of my tooth. I can handle that. So I thought...

Next thing I know, the dentist says "look up at this picture." One word to describe what I saw...GROSS! I had a cavity under an old filling. It was black gross-ness.

Then I hear more drilling and the Dr. says, "look at that picture. You need a root canal."

So there you have it. Tomorrow, I'm getting my fourth root canal.
******************************
Our little "Blueberry" is the size of a cantaloupe right now and it's half-way to seeing it's mum & pop, tomorrow! One more week and I get to see him/her too. I can't wait!

No comments: