A lot of interesting conversation can occur during a half hour commute. It's not that far but it's far enough. My wife and I commute a half hour together every day to work and it's usually a good time.
Sometimes we read together, we'll talk serious stuff, listen to Colin Cowherd, Dan Patrick or Bill and Connie on 96.5. Occassionally, Nicole might take a nap after a hard night with "The Man!" It just depends. But again, it's a good time.
One of our recent conversations is by far my favorite so far. It was a true debate.
My wife is convinced that she's a Jedi. Not only a Jedi, but a Jedi Master. She's also convinced that I'm only a Jedi in training. Whatever! Anyway, we got to talking and we got on the topic of becoming a Jedi Master. I don't want the name "Jedi Master." It doesn't sound "tough" enough.
Jedi Knight or Jedi Warrior. That's what I want. Then she begins to tell me that a warrior is way tougher than a knight because they know how to fight. They do "hand to hand" combat, like in the movie 300, not jousting on a horse, like in the movie A Knights Tale. (Makes sense. Those 300 warriors look way tougher than Heath Ledger).
So it remains, I'm still a Jedi in training, she's a Jedi Master and a Jedi Knight is wimpy! As for the Jedi Warrior, it's the next best thing to a Jedi Master. Thus sayeth Nicole!
Marriage, driving together and great conversation. I love it. What's it going to be next?
******************************
I'm about ten days late on this post but I'm going to give my thoughts.
A ground ball up the middle, the third base coach is waving the runner home, the center fielder comes up throwing. The throw is on the money, catcher catches the ball, he lunges toward the runner as he slides head first outside of home plate, dirt flying as the umpires arms seperate, giving the "safe" signal.
That's one of the reasons I watch baseball. For that single play at the plate. I love it! And that's how I like to play it too.
That's not the exact play but it's a similar one to what happened to Buster Posey when he went head to head with Scott Cousins.
I understand it's a part of baseball. You block the plate, you're going to get hit. But it's not the game I like to watch. I enjoy players playing good, clean baseball. That's just not quite how it's intended. Any time two bodies collide like that, without gear designed for those kinds of hits, someone is going to get hurt. That's not what baseball is about.
Why not slide? Sliding is just as competetive, more effective and less likely to result in injury. Especially an injury like that.
Was Scott Cousins wrong in what he did? Not at all. It's a part of baseball. It's just not the game that I prefer to watch. Players are meant to get dirty.
******************************
I finished the audiobook of "The Firm." Awesome book! Nicole and I rented the movie. Not so awesome. I was not impressed. However, Wilford Brimley dropped the "F" bomb. That was something I didn't think I'd ever hear. He's still the Quaker Oats guy to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment