Friday, June 23, 2006

Kneel down

As I'm sitting here I was thinking about how I was feeling today. I remember at one point tonight driving home, I just wanted to kneel before the Lord in the middle of my living room. I just wanted to sit there in His presence and have His peace. I saw a picture on a book I have about worship and it made me just think to myself what He would want to say. Honestly, tonight, all I wanted was to have His peace and to sit with Him in silence and feel His peace. Nothing but comfort. To know that everything was going to be okay. It's nice to be able to go before a God feeling little and beat up but knowing that I'm still accepted.

2 comments:

David said...

I know what you mean. The other night, I was laying in bed watching a movie. I began to talk to God about what is happening in my life right now within the context of the uncertainty I feel.

After about 5 minutes of having essentially a 1-way conversation, I turned off the TV and just laid there in the darkness. I immediately felt God begin to comfort me. It was the most reassuring feeling I've ever had. Everything will be fine, no details. And when it's God talking, who needs them anyway?

Matty C. said...

No kidding. The other day God spoke something to me and I'll tell you what, just knowing what he spoke to me made how I felt okay. Even though I was down, it was like I was taken care of. It comforted me in that moment.