Just to kinda add a little more to last nights blog, I wanted to share something that I heard another pastor talk about one night. It was actually Daniel Brown from the Coastlands Foursquare in Aptos, Ca. He always seems to speak in a way that I understand. This particular speech was anointed and Jesus knew I was going to be there because a couple of the things he said hit me and pierced my heart in a way like never before. But one of the verses he spoke about was Psalm 42:11. "Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again-my savior and my God!"
He spoke this in regards to the tough times we have and how it seems that when we are going through them, nothing, nobody or anything anyone says can seem to change our thinking or how we are feeling. But the encouragement he gave was, yes, we will have tough times as this Psalm says, but in time and through perseverence, we will at one point come to a place where we are rejoiceing again. He wasn't saying that through the tough time we are not praising God, but at the heart of it, it is tough but we will be able to rejoice that our God rescued us from our trouble.
There is an end to tough times. That is one thing that I need to see and I don't quite get it yet. I never really had any emotional pain or troubles in my life so it's kind of a new thing for me. I just know that I don't enjoy it and I want the heck out of it. Truthfully, if I didn't have Jesus to get me through and encouragement from His word, I would have no hope. I can honestly say that just knowing He has a plan for my life and that He has my back is what keeps me going. On my own, I'm a worrying, scared bald guy who has no idea how to take on this world. But in Him, I realize I'm someone who can be transformed and molded into a non-worrying, faith filled bald guy that has huge potential to change this world.
"God is bigger than the air I breathe,
the world we'll leave.
God will save the day, and all will say,
My Golorious!"
Martin Smith/Stu Garrard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Matty -
a word study on hope would be quite interesting, especially since the greatest things are faith, hope and love...Thanks for the inspiration to study that word....
There's a song that Indie.Arie sings called "There's Hope". She also put out the song "I am not my hair" Anyways, her song "Theres hope" is a story with a chorus:
there's hope
it doesn't cost a thing to smile
you don't have to pay to laugh
you better thank God for that...
I know the Bible says its better to mourn than be happy, i think cuz it makes your heart tender to the Lord. ...And then sometimes because of hope, I think, you have to smile, you have to laugh....tears and laughter...they're both are medicinal.
Thanks. That's good stuff.
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, nless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.
Hey Matty - Just wondering when your next blog is coming out. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment