Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Talking with Tim

Recently I was talking with Tim M. at church and I was just mentioning to him some of the things that I desire in life, etc... He mentioned this book to me called "Wild at Heart." Frankly, my first thought was, gay! I'm just not into those books about finding the inner man. But as I was talking to Tim, my heart toward this subject began to soften. I could see that it had opened his eyes to new things and had changed his thinking in certain areas. I thought that maybe I should give it a try.

So I get this book and I love it. It has totally challenged the way that I look at myself. I have new hopes in what is to come in my life as a dude and even a father. The cool thing is, things that I think about, well, guys think about, this guy talks about in his book. I love hearing about real life issues and how to deal with them. I like it when I hear people say that it is okay to like the things that I like, do the things I do, think the things that I think and say the things that I say. It's okay to be me. That is the way God made me.

Well, I highly recommend this book to anyone. It's awesome.

6 comments:

georgia said...

Okay--you've convinced me! I'll read it. :)

No(dot dot)el said...

hmmmm....does this book ONLY tell you want you want to hear or was it at all challenging?

The Age said...

Yeah I read this one about a year ago and it was a good book. I agree with you Matty.

Destro Jones said...

I mentioned this book to my dear wife and she ran oof and got it. :)

It's making me feel better about myself when I feel stupid about getting excited like I do about airsoft.

Destro Jones said...

By the way, thanks for the tip Matty. =D

-andy

Stephanie said...

i went to amazon.com to see if it was "just for boys" and guess what? i found the same author has one for girls too! :)

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul

hmm...may have to read one or the other or both!