Friday, October 27, 2006

Thinking about healing

I have been thinking about healing for a while now and I have come to the conclusion that God brings healing in so many ways. I look back on the last couple of years in my life and see where I was and what I struggled with or where I have been hurt and see that God is faithful when I didn't think He was. I am now currently going through a healing process that I didn't think ever would have freedom. I just thought it was who I was. Turns out, God provided a solution.

I guess that I always thought that when God healed that it was in an instant. My father, for instance, is a prime candidate. He's been healed a couple of times that I know of instantly. God just taking away cancer and even healing a disc problem in his back. I, on the other hand, have never really seen healing in my life real fast. It has always been a process for me. I guess I hold that against God at times too. I always feel like He is leaving me hanging. But I know that through it all, I have been comforted through the whole thing. Anyway, recently, I have been struggling with some things and just really didn't know how to deal with them. So I talked to someone. Well, to make a long story short, I feel like a new person. Not because I talked to someone but because I allowed God to do what needed to be done in me and allow Him to move in my life.

I know that as Christ followers, we say to trust in God. Easier said than done. It's something I really struggle with. For me, I feel that it is not until I fully rely on Christ with who I am that I see healing in me. It wasn't until I came to the realization that I couldn't do it by myself that I started receiving healing. I struggled for about eight years with stuff before any sort of healing was noticed. I do believe that God got me through what I needed but real healing began when I said "okay God, I need help." All of a sudden, the problem was brought out into the open and is being dealt with quite well and quickly. I love seeing this. I can't explain the freedom. It is amazing to know and experience the healing that Christ brings.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

thanks for this post! it shows me (again, and from a different view) that i need to rely on God and turn to God in ALL things. which of course is something i know, but don't always do