I'm very impressed with this guy I worked with. He works hard, he's dedicated and he really loves the kids we work with. I've blogged a little about him in the past on various topics. Overall, he's probably the guy I look up to at my job. If I could do it like anyone, it would be him.
Anyway, one of the things I've noticed since I've worked with him is he is an individual. He is not a majority thinker. He does what he does.
I have always wanted to be an individual. I am and know I always have been but I have cared a little too much what others think in the past. I wondered if my hobbies were normal, personality was good, my thoughts were normal, etc... It's just how I've lived.
The other day while driving to work, I don't know what hit me, but a very clear thought of myself and who I am came to me. I'm okay! I have my own opinion, thoughts and personality and they are who I am. It's me. I'm an individual and I can't be what someone else is. I wasn't created like that. I feel, like, care, understand, live, and have emotions like nobody else. That makes me who I am. That is what validates me as an individual. The qualities that I possess are valid and partial to my personality and knowbody else's and I am good with that.
It's difficult to explain the thought that I had about myself but the easiest way to explain it is to show the world who I am, be content in who I am, and let them decide for themselves if they want to associate with me or not. It's your issue if you don't like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Plus you're cute and chicks dig that . . . that's even better than liking yourself . . .
I hope so!!!
Not being a majority thinker has its downsides at times... like when people are asking, "What is WRONG with you?" & "How can you think THAT?" when you're just trying to be true to yourself & to the little voice...
And, having your own opinion, likes, dislikes means that you just may end up being a trendsetter when someone decides that they like what you're doing & want to be like Matty.
Wanna be like Matty. Wanna be, wanna be, wanna be like Maaaatttty.
Post a Comment