Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 4

Week 4, pretty good. No more class leader. It's great. I had a long week again. More sitting in class. Nothing new there. We got out of the classroom a little this week.

Edged weapons class this week. Pretty cool. I learned how to defend myself from people attacking me with knives. Will it work? I don't know. It appears to. I will probably never use what they showed me though. It just seems easier to kick the aggressor in the junk. That'll put any real man down. We used butter knives for the weapons. I don't know how they think I won't get hurt. I got cut with the butter knife. How's a home made shank not going to slice me? Oh well. In my opinion, if they want to come after me with a knife, I'll bring a gun. That'll show them to bring a knife to a gun fight.

I also got a new nickname. They call me "Hillary." For some reason they think I'm some flaming liberal who wants to change people and that I love Hillary Clinton. Yes, I do believe in rehabilitating people and giving them help; however, I do believe in justice as well. So now, I just go with it and stir the pot and see where it goes with these guys. It's actually pretty humerous. It drives them crazy. These people are huge gun lovers.

I pissed off the Training Officer tonight. Apparantly, I wasn't doing my job by getting my classmates to do their jobs. It's funny how a group of people, all adults over the age of 21, can't get a little job like vaccuuming and cleaning a toilet, done. In turn, I'm not doing my job by making them do theirs. Funny how that works. I told the T.O. that they're big boys and girls and it's my job to assign the duties and they can do it. How have they made it to this age? Freakin' idiotas is the only thing that comes to mind. I just want to know how it's my job to make adults do something? I have no clue. I won't be that guy that rides their booties until it gets done. So, I may be running a little extra next week. Don't know yet.

I took my block 2 exam and got an 86. Not too happy with that one. Oh well. I also mis-spelled "corroborates" to get a 93 on the spelling test. I only used one "r", it's two "r's". Stupid little mistakes bug the crap out of me.

Physical training still every morning at 6am. I love that. Except the fact that it's at 6am. That sucks. Lots of running. It's amazing to me how unmotivated people are. They know when they come to this academy that they have to run but show up in the worst shape in the world. Not only that, but they don't get any better or try to get any better. Drives me crazy. Then they complain that we go too fast or run too much. To top it off, before and after the run, what are they doing in the parking lot? Smoking cancer sticks. Before and after and at every break throughout the day. I don't get it.

This next week, Arrest and Control. That defined means, get the crap kicked out of me. I get to learn how to defend myself for 40 hours. But the method of learning is like the school of hard knocks. Getting beat up and finding out how to stay alive while enduring the butt whoopin. Cool huh?

Fun stuff. Not really. The cool stuff is still to come.

No comments: