It's finally over. I made it through POST. I did really well too. I finished with an overall grade of 93.4, which, in my opinion is very well. It's funny because this stuff was just interesting to me and so I was able to retain a lot of it. Some of it sucked but oh well.
I was graded on everything we did. Academics, shooting, physical training, etc... It was a blessing to be able to finish that well. I was extremely nervous going into this simply because I did not know what to expect and school has never really been my thing.
One good thing is that I feel like I came out of this with a lot more confidence in myself to do what I need to at my job. I can't wait to get back and be able to do the job on my own.
I never really understood how difficult police officers have it. It's a different realm of life that I have never had to think about. What I mean by that is everything is critiqued and criticized. My job, not so much, but the patrol officer has it pretty rough. It's a rough job. Lots of responsibility and quick decisions placed onto the patrol officer. I really do admire them. Not to mention that nobody ever wants to see them and when they do come into contact with people, it's usually to get bad news or lights in the rearview mirror.
I'm excited to be back to my normal life. No more living in Carson City, eating out every night. That gets old. I can't wait to be able to spend some time with my friends again. However, I did meet some great guys down there that I will still hang out with. But, it's been nice just to see some friends again.
I never really knew how much I take for granted the comforts of my own home until I've been away from it for a while. It's the little things like a clean toilet that only I duke on, cooking my own food, my own couch and the biggest thing is when you can't sleep, I can walk around the house. You can't really do that in the dorm setting.
It was a great experience. I'm glad I did it but I'm glad I'm done. I have a good life and want to be back to it. I started missing doing the normal things my life consists of. It's the little things in life that we miss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Way to nail it, ya big stud . . . that's how you roll baby . . .
Livin' the dream . . .
Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment.
Congrats, Matty. I completely understand what you mean about getting back to the familiarity of the small things.
However, I think that you've sort of missed the purpose of a toilet if you're duking ON your it instead of IN it.
Great job, Matty. Congrats!!!
Post a Comment