Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's like a different me sometimes!

I'm back to work. I've been to court an ungodly amount of times this week and I feel like I'm putting the pieces back together where I left them. It's crazy, hectic at work. I'm having to track kids down that I couldn't find, keep track of kids that aren't even from our county, and drug test kids like crazy. Funny thing is, I love this job.

Anyway, I've always told myself that I didn't want my job to change me, change who I am and how I feel and view the world. Lately, I'm having to do things that I am foreign to. Raise my voice to certain kids.

I hate yelling. I hated being yelled at, I didn't respond well to it and I refused to do it to anybody. It's just that sometimes, I think it needs to be done. (When I say I had to yell, it means that I had to raise my voice. I don't actually yell.) Anyway, it's just not me but I find myself having to resort to getting loud at times.

Something in me just hates it. I don't know what it is. I just hate it. I totally believe that when the yelling starts, people shut down. I refuse to do that to people.

It is kinda funny though when I do have to raise my voice because the people I'm with don't know what to say or do when I raise my voice because it's something they never hear from me. So I do turn some heads sometimes. Kinda funny. About 6 months ago, our detention staff actually thought a fight was breaking out. It turned out, it was just me.

Hopefully, nobody but the kids I work with get to see this part of me. It's not really something I want to share. But, as most people know, especially if you have kids or siblings, the voice needs to be raised at times.

*************
On a completely separate note, a great new beer that was recommended to me was "Dead Guy." It was awesome. I know they sell it at Sparky's out of the tap. Good stuff!!! For those of you who doubt my beer tasting abilities, it's not like Coors Light at all.

4 comments:

Murdoc said...

I see all sides of you Matt. That is because we are special friends.

TimmyMac said...

"It doesn't taste like Coors Light" Sure it doesn't, Matty . . . sure it doesn't . . .

Plus, I bet the girls think you're sexy when you raise your voice . . . at least it works on Sue (she thinks it's foreplay).

Matty C. said...

Tim, you make me laugh. Thank you.

frad-ster said...

For some odd reason I almost believed Tim on that one...lol