Sunday, July 02, 2006

Back from Jellystone

So we made it back from Yellowstone National Park. I have successfully put more hours in a car than I have in one month of driving to and from Carson City every day. Holy Cow! Anyway, Wyoming and Montana are beautiful. Nevada still sucks, except for Reno. Nothing to look at but sagebrush. Idaho, well, it's okay but they have the militia's up there. So, no thanks. Jackson Hole, WY. is quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth and I will definately be going back. Especially since I got hit on by a girl that I didn't even know was hitting on me. Erin, thank you. White water rafting on the Snake River is one of the greatest things ever that a single man gets to partake in. (Just to let everyone know, we will most likely be going white water rafting for my bachelor party.) I got to see Harrison Ford's house. $49,000,000.00 property. I need not say any more. Tatonka (buffalo) were everywhere. They can run up to 35 mph so don't irritate one of them. Other animals were there too. No bears though. Yogi and Booboo were hiding. Frankly, I'm okay with that, however, it would have been nice to see one in the distance, not in my tent as they so often do in Montana. Fish, well, that's a touchy subject because James and I were lit up by his 8 year old son who caught a huge German Brown and was not paying attention, building mountains with mud while fishing. We successfully went through about 5 twelve packs of diet pepsi. Louie would have been proud. Yes Brent, I know that is only 60 soda's but that is a lot of soda. I did learn not to screw around in shallow water. Let's just say that rocks hurt just as bad scraping the skin off your back under water as they do falling on the ground scraping your back on land. Stephanie is a champ when it comes to cleaning up bloody wounds. She's fearless at the sight of blood. I guess that is a mom thing. Lastly, the Ridge family, I think they bleed coffee. If you ever want to bless them, take them to Starbucks. Or, if you are looking for an investment, Starbucks is the way to go. Coffee is all they drink.

Anyway, I'll be blogging a lot in the next few days as I remember what happened on our trip. These were just on the mind. I'm off to watch Ladder 49 and take a nap.

Brent and I will be running a 10K on Tuesday morning at 8am so if you think of us, pray. We'll be having a late night the night before. Returning from Oakland around 3am.

6 comments:

scoeyd said...

Very nice Matty. Did you say chump?

The love of coffee is proof that we don't get enough sleep

georgia said...

Did you dance with wolves too?

Matty C. said...

No, I did not dance with wolves but I did tell a few kids at church that I wrestled a mountain lion and won and that is how I received the scratches on my back. Can you believe they didn't believe me?

Jeni said...

I can't imagine why they wouldn't believe you!
Where are you running the 10K? I hope you enjoy it, despite sleep deprivation!

Matty C. said...

The 10K is down in Carson City at Riverview park, on the east side of town. It's an okay place to run. You can still sign up if you want.

digapigmy said...

if you're getting tired on the ride home from oaktown, just have james open up his arm for you. you can suck on it like in the vampire movies, but it'll just be straight caffeine.