Sunday, July 16, 2006

Condemnation

A little while back at our Thursday morning prayer breakfast, Louie prayed that we would not be ones that condemn ourselves and to live in the grace of Jesus. That got me to thinking about it for the last couple of weeks. I do that fairly consistantly and it really bugs me. I am not sure as to why, but I think that it's because I strive for perfection and want to be pure in my thoughts and all I do. I know that I can't accomplish that. Only through Jesus Christo can I do it but I still struggle and I don't know why. Louie sort of explains it to me as thinking too much into something but I still struggle because I know that I have to place effort and strive in my walk with Jesus. How do I not condemn myself? I want to live in peace with Jesus Christo and experience the freedom of grace that He offers.

5 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

i know what you mean. i do this also. i used to think that it was leftover residue from my catholic days but now i realize that it is just means.
recently when reading mon.morn.church he says something about looking at what a good job God has done in you over the years that you've known Him and that if we think about it like that it is really God who is doing the work in us and so we need to remember that. I think he says tell God he's doing a good job.

Matty C. said...

I just hate that I judge myself. Every thought or word I speak is critiqued by myself. I don't allow God to do His good work and it bothers me. I need to let God be the one that changes me. That way it's Him that is doing the work and not me. Plus, that is how He wants it. I guess I just want the process rushed when God says that it'll be done in His perfect timing.

Jen's World said...

Living in the grace of Jesus is a tough one. It's easy to forget that He loved us even before we realized we had stuff. Recently reading in Colossians 3:12 "God has chosen you and made you his holy people", I was very encouraged. When I remember He's the one who called me out, I take courage that He'll be faithful to complete what He's started. I wonder if in the greek or hebrew or something that actually means "and is making you his holy people." I'm convinced that life is about maintenance. I think the place we go for tune ups has everything to do with it. Your blog on kneeling down was great. He's so worthy.

Jeni said...

I also know what you mean. I was just totally convicted on this yesterday at church when we sang that worship song "You Make Everything Glorious." I'd been putting myself down, feeling like crap all week, and then I hear that and it was like a thump on the back of the head--just what I needed.

Debi said...

Matty!! You are so blessed and loved. I think sometimes it is in our own flesh that we feel we are not good enough. and really we are not worthy of His love, but he gives it anyways. Dont let this get you down. I love your questions though. I think sometimes its hard for some (me) to ask questions that we think we should know the answer to. Matty i know you go to God with everything, and He loves it! I pray that God shows you he does not condemn you, but rather rejoices in your presence and the purposes he has for you.