Proscht (Pro-sh-t): cheers in Swiss-German
I am down here in Aptos, Ca. and have met two really cool people from Switzerland. Cedric and his wife Ester are staying with my friends Jeff and Charissa. They are here for a couple of weeks working at the church here in Aptos. Well, on Monday, we went into San Francisco to hang out at Pier 39 and Union Square(which was awesome by the way). We were at Pier 39 and we realized that it was time to stop and grab a beer. So we all got our beers (mine was a certain beer that was awesome and brewed in San Fran) and I started drinking mine. Cedric said (in his Swiss-German accent)"wait, in Switzerland, we don't drink until we hit our glasses and say 'Proscht'" (which is cheers). So "Proscht" it was, and we drank from our plastic dixie cups. So now my new word is Proscht. It's great meeting new people.
I can't forget to mention that Cedric is a soccer fanatic. He knows it all. Lucky guy, he has season tickets to the pro soccer team in Switzerland. The really cool thing was, when we went to Nike Town in San Fran (four floors of all sports), he was as interested as I was to go to the soccer section. Finally, someone else who enjoys the great things of life.
Oh, and a little side note, the public tranportation drivers in San Fran are extremely nice and very helpful. NOT!!! I actually could not believe that our driver could actually keep a job with his attitude. So be careful if you are ever going to San Fran on public transportation. If you do, remember to take exact change or you may get called a chump or just get yelled at. It could be that our driver was just having a bad day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
we learned about saying "proscht" is Germany...we said it a lot...a whole lot
what are you, a moron? what kind of butthole gets on a bus without proper change?
i'm putting in my application next week.
Proscht to you matty, I hear you are going to be joining us this season on the pitch. Is this true, and maybe the age?
Proscht to you matty, I hear you might be joining us this season playing some soccer. Is this true?
Post a Comment