I've decided that I want to train for another marathon. The last time I trained for a marathon, I ended up only being able to run a half. The time before that, I injured my knee.
I decided that I needed to commit to training even through the pain and bordom on this one. I hate running by myself but lately, I've been doing very well. My committment I made to myself was running 3-4 days (preferably 3) a week with a long one on Saturdays. I've fully accomplished this. But last Saturday killed me. Sunday morning, I actually almost fell out of bed. My hip ached. Then, the right ankle.
I don't remember the pain from training the last time. It's brutal. It seems to haunt me all week. Pisses me off because I just want to run.
I cut back all my running this week to 2 miles on Tuesday and 3 on Thursday. I'm hoping to hit 9 tomorrow. My only frustration is that this is 3.5 miles less than last week and I want to be up by about a mile.
Gonna have to slow down I guess and not put so much pressure on myself this year. That's definately a change for this cowboy. I'm pretty rough on myself when it comes to performance. Mostly because I don't like regressing in anything, even if it's just mileage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome that you did a half-marathon! Seriously...that's a huge deal. I hate running but I'm coming to like it more as I just get out there and make myself do it. I guess I just hate the way my body gets all crunched up from pounding on the ground....you don't notice it until the next day when you wake up with crazy pain.
I take this stuff MSM (not glucosamine that has a little MSM) but pure, solid MSM......I think it helps with some of the pain!
I think that running kinda grows on you. I love the feeling afterwards. You know you just ran so far. Another cool thing I've picked up on for myself is when you thought a certain mileage was a long way and then you pass it and aren't even tired. That's a beautiful feeling.
I don't know what it is but I've got a killer ankle thing going on. It's bugging me.
The pounding sure does get old too. I know what you mean.
Post a Comment