Monday, November 05, 2007

On the Lake

My day started out like chaos. I was supposed to go fishing today. My boss invited me last week. I was pretty excited too. I like boating, Lake Tahoe and enjoy fishing even though I don't do it often.

I wake at 4:00am and lay in bed for 20 more minutes. I get up and immediately think "CRAP," I forgot my license. I rush to get all my stuff and jam out the door to the car. I drive to Carson City and rush into Wal-Mart only to find that they have licenses but only issue them out past 8:00am. Lot's of help they were.

So I go to another store. Closed. Obviously, it's 5:00am. So I meet my boss at Woody's in Carson and tell him the news. He tells me Raley's sells them. I head over there and they have them. Awesome, I thought. But we don't have the key until 7:00am. Once again, "CRAP." So again, I inform the boss-man of the bad news and he says we'll hang out at Woody's until 7:00am and eat. Sweet. At least I'll get some food.

We eat and then head over to Raley's. I go in and desperately ask the kind lady if I can buy a fishing license. She says sure. Then, the terrible look. She can't find the booklet with the licenses. She looks all over, calls for the boss, calls another boss and then calls the person at home who may have moved them. Nobody can find the licenses. "CRAP!"

All the while this is going on, I can only blame myself and say no problem every time she says "I'm so sorry."

Finally, she has them. "These are the ones we needed," she says. She issues me a license, I say thank you and head out the door once again, approaching my boss, imbarrassed, because he's late to his sacred fishing spot.

We get to the lake. It's awesome out. It's awesome because it's not cold. We head across the lake to his spot and drop in the lines. This is great I think. We troll and troll and troll. Nothing. No fish biting. Then I get a fish. We move. Over a short period we get four more bites. We move again.

Now, we knock them dead. Twelve more fish. Seventeen fish today. The coolest part, I brought in fifteen of the seventeen. I brought in all of mine and my boss let me bring in all of his but two. It was awesome. He wanted me to catch some fish. That I did.

The day turned out awesome. We were on the lake from about 8:15am til 4:15pm. Seventeen fish later we came home and called it a day. Not too bad after the start that I had.

All I could keep telling myself was, "this was all my fault. Don't even think of getting mad." Overall, it turned out to be a good day.

No comments: