Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Right now!

I'm sitting here right now at my kitchen table, drinkin' a honey brown lager and just thinking. Not really about much. Just wondering what it would look like if I were gone. Not in any freaky way, but what would people know that I stood for. I often think this because I think that it helps me figure out who I am and what I want to live my life for. It helps me figure out what things are really worth the effort and what isn't.

I just had on the song "Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls and it got me to thinking about this. Funny how something as simple as a song can spark some thought. Great song by the way.

As I sit here thinking, I just wanted to blog. I really love blogging/writing. So I am. Not anything great but I'm in one of those moods where I just wanted to voice my thoughts. I actually get like this a lot but never do because it's really nothing very interesting. Not that this is but the computer is sitting in front of me. Anyway, gotta get back to some reading. First day of school. Gotta appear motivated.

3 comments:

Murdoc said...

I'm not sure I know what "gone" means.

Jen in Budapest said...

What about Heath Ledger. What did he stand for? - I liked his work in the Patriot. I'm sure he'll be a scary Joker in The Dark Night. I didn't see Brokeback and I have a hard time understanding actors who play a gay role when they aren't gay....Maybe he liked challenging roles? Did he stand for this? Really though...I am sorry for his little girl and extended family. That's sad. Interesting topic. Two guys I knew from Reno actually just died this month...and young. I'd like to die at a ripe old age, in fairly good health, peacefully in my sleep. First I want to live really well.

digapigmy said...

when i'm gone, people will likely say "holy crap, that's a lot of life insurance." not only is it good to know my family won't starve, but it is also a good test of how much my wife loves me that my brakes aren't cut, no poison in my food, etc.