Nicole and I had a conversation while walking the River on Wednesday night. We discussed patience and where each of us feel that our own struggles exist. Mine are driving, parents (not mine), and cooking food. At least those are the ones I really notice.
I want patience to be something I'm good at. I want to be able to live a frustration free life. Or as close to it as I can. I want to be prudent and discerning in my encounters with people and my own situations. I want to be able to see into, and through a situation, especially before I make a decision that affects my day. At times I have the ability not to see into the whole situation.
********************
I like the travel channel. I usually watch the show with Samantha Brown as the host. She usually goes to a location or cruise and does whatever this place offers and shows the viewers. It's pretty good.
Yesterday I turned it to the travel channel because they were showing the 10 top beaches in Florida (not a Samantha Brown show). I was kind of watching but doing other things at the same time, mostly listening I guess, when something was said about Panama City Beach, Florida. The statement was that college students were "there to leave their morals at the door." That caught my attention.
I've always obsessed about being morally correct. It's even a burden sometimes. I wondered how people do it. I have sin in my life and I knowingly do it but what got me thinking about it was that they know and go there specifically do act out. Do weird stuff. "Leave their morals at the door." I don't get it. When I sin, it's all I can think about. It's everything that I try not to do because I don't like how it makes me feel.
It's very different for me to think that people would do something, knowing it may have repercussions, and still say "okay" to it.
********************
I watched 21 today. Great movie. Thanks Nicole for that one (She bought it for me).
********************
I listened to Psalm 42 and Job (chapter unknown) on the Daily Audio Bible today. The highlights for me was this:
1) "Fix my eyes on God. Fix = Focus. Pretty simple yet I realize I don't do much of that. It's a good reminder.
2) The word "pace." I'm not really sure why yet but it made me think about my pace of life.
********************
I'm nibbling on some Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits right now. I've got to say these are quite possibly the best crackers, next to Chicken 'N' a Biscuit, there are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like those kind of crackers.
The morals.. I get it. It's like an alter ego if you are a superhero - another life. Stuff to talk about later that make great stories - in a wierd way. Problem is that you either have to keep going down that road - for lots of reasons - or you have to figure out how to work all of that in to what you are later. I say keep doing what you are, life will be nice for you, even if you doubt that sometimes. Like people wonder what their missing, but don't.
i like your fix = focus. it makes me think of what it means when we aren't fixed. it's like we keep glancing, even if we do it all day, or for our whole life, if we just keep glancing at God, then we never get a long enough look to actually focus on Him. we get blurred visions. and then we just talk about all the blurriness with friends, trying to piece together what He is like, when what would be better is stopping the glancing, and spending time, fixing our eyes, and allowing the image to come into focus. i do this with the bible all the time. i heard this guy steven furtick talk about how the bible is a mirror (from james) and how it shows us who we could be but in the same way that a mirror shows us our flaws, but that just shows us potential for improvement. looking in the mirror doesn't actually do anything. he also said in that same sermon that in some countries (i think china was in his example), people get about 7-8 verses a week and they smuggle/trade them through children's shoes at parks. and how those people are actually growing because when they get more or less a verse a day, that verse matters. we, on the other hand, think we need to read through the bible in a year. (who made that crap up anyway?) and the best part about what he said was that he called the people in his congregation (including me because it is true of me) scripturally obese. as soon as your knowledge of the word exceeds your obedience, you have a problem. anyway. good stuff. stop and fix so focus can happen. love it.
Post a Comment