Monday, 7/26/10, that's precisely how it happened.
We arrived home from work at approximately 5:45 pm to an RPD officer blocking our road, 2-3 fire engines, a fire truck and about 15-20 firefighters winding hose and cleaning up around our complex. As we walked up, a Chaplain asks "are you the Clapham's?"
They take us to our house and there is insulation everywhere, the smell of smoke (obviously) and water all over. Nothing appears too damaged until we walk into our guest bathroom. Wow! A skylight!
It turns out, the skylight is the most damage we received. Well, there is the smoke damage and water damage of course. But we lost nothing. That's the great part.
So now, we get to endure the hassle of insurance companies, which our insurance has been taking pretty good care of us, the inconvenience of having our property (clothes, etc...) taken from us and living elsewhere for 6-7 months while they rebuild our home.
Supposedly, the damage to the other side of the complex, the damage to our roof, attic, etc..., from fire and water is forcing the insurance company to start over, rebuild and give us a new home.
We're being optimistic in our situation. It's been an inconvenience, to say the least, but we're believing the best will come from this, as well as blessing. So in a way, we're excited too.
******************************
I did 28.25 miles today on the bike. It was great. Not too hot, no wind and no time frame to be home. The greatest part though, the butt didn't hurt that bad today! And that's pretty uncommon for me.
******************************

I started a new book. It's called The American. It's by Andrew Britton. I've never read anything by him before but he keeps my interest and that's all I really ask.
******************************
We've been staying in a hotel room. It's great. I actually like hotels but this one is pretty awesome. It's tiny, but awesome. And, we have a flat screen. I'm guessing that it'll wear off soon but for now, it's a cozy place to be. I think the reason it's easy to be here is because my wife is pretty easy going right now as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment