Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Experiences
I'm amazed when I hear people say that the experiences I go through will shape who I am. I believe that with all that I am but at times it is difficult for me to want to go through. I always say to God that I want Him to transform me and do things inside me. But when it comes down to it, I don't like going through tough stuff. Well, I don't know anyone who does. I look forward to seeing the outcome of what God does in me. I know that He is faithful and will walk me through stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can completely relate to your last blog and the Saved by the Bell analogy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm strangely caught living in a reality tv show. I love the adventure, the excitement, but true living is often not in those moments. It comes down to the practical day to day living on most days. Maybe thats why teaching 9th graders is my stretching thing now - its so DAILY. Its easy for me to get caught in that same cycle you mentioned. Thanks for posting this and thanks for the reminder.
I never liked that saying (the things you go through will shape you). I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I don't view my life as a block of clay and life experiences are in charge of shaping me. I view my life more like I'm building a house. And the experiences in my life either hinder the building process or help it along, depending on a bad experience or a good one. God has the perfect floor plan and it is up to us to build according to that, if we don't, it won't stand. I also think that decisions shape us more than experiences because in either case (clay or house) our decisions to follow God's plan will show in the product.
Post a Comment