I think a lot about life and how it is not what I thought it was going to be. Truthfully, I thought life was going to be the TV show "Saved by the Bell." Having lots of friends who are always around to hang out with, hot girls everywhere, and something to do or somewhere to be all the time. Well, that is not my life. Not at all. It's not what I thought it was going to be. However, it is good.
This book I'm reading, which I mentioned in my last blog, is called "Understanding God's Will" is fairly interesting. The author makes a comment that really got me thinking about life and all I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be full of excitement, etc...but truthfully, life, for me, happens in the mundane and monotony of my days. Sure I have a few cool moments but for the most part, not too exciting. This author uses a candle as an example. He says that "'life is neither the candle nor the wick, but the burning.' In other words, life is the in-between stuff, the stuff that takes place between point A and point B." This makes absolute sense to me. It is what I do in the mundane and monotony of life that frames who I am and what Christ has created me for.
It's funny that I already knew this stuff but I hate actually having to admit this to myself because I really want something more. I have been looking for something more for years and now I'm really coming to terms with the fact that this is how it is. I have to make the best of what Christ gives me. If I'm faithful to this, He will take care of the contentment and happiness of life.
My old self always thought that what I did and where I was going was going to frame who I was and the life I had. I was way wrong. Christ has used the last 28 years of my life, the mundane and monotonous years, to frame who I was. Not what I do for a living or who I choose to associate with.
God has been good to me by revealing truth to me before I got too far and really screwed things up. He's put healthy people in my life and given me great family members to help me realize this. I know of so many people who pursue something just to feel like they are somebody or something. They seek the thrill just so they can say they've lived life, but in the mundane times of life they have nothing. I feel bad for those because those are the moments that God wants to use to shape who we are and who we are to become.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It would not always be good for "Saved by the Bell" to mirror your life. For example, your dream girl when you're in high school just grows up to be a stripper.
This example is brought to you by the people at "God's way is so much better than yours."
Post a Comment