I have a lot of interests but nothing that I'm truly passionate about. One of the things I really struggle with is what I'm going to invest my time into. I am one of those people that wants to try it all. If it has to do with the outdoors, I want to do it. Hiking, riding, running, etc...
This is my problem. I don't know what to invest my time and money into. I hit on this topic a little while back but it got to me again tonight while at Ben and Jessica's house. I enjoy playing guitar. Mostly just as a hobby. I'm nothing special but I like to play. So I want a new electric guitar. But with that comes other expenses. I also am thinking of a new motorcycle. I'm also thinking new road bike or mountain bike. And I want to take up hiking really bad. So where's my happy medium? All this stuff. Not only do I not have the money but the time to have it and enjoy it. That's my problem. I don't know what I like the best. I just know that I like being active.
Then my second issue with this. I'm very simple and I like being simple. If you know me very well, there is very little that I can't part with. Pretty much my bike is my prize possession and it's nothing special. I just like riding it. But I enjoy knowing that I could pack up tomorrow and not really need anything accept a backpack, some chow and my bike if I could take it. I enjoy that about me. I like simplicity. I live in simplicity.
So where do I draw my boundaries with stuff? I like stuff. I like simplicity. I guess that is where I allow the Lord to provide, live and make decisions based on what God is speaking to me and where I am at in life.
Let me know any thoughts. I'm interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment