Saturday, August 12, 2006

Amazed

Tonight I found out I was lied to about something that I didn't think people would lie about. I can't really mention any details about the incident but I am amazed what a child will do just to get a little attention. It sucks to me to see someone starve for attention and try so hard and go to such drastic measures to get it. What is wrong and how do we tame the problem. I guess that goes for any situation, not just the one that I had. There is something wrong with this world. I look at the kids I work with and just see how the enemy thrives in their lives. I pray everyday that God would intervene and capture their hearts. I was not shocked though because I guess over time you just become immune to being lied to. But I did give the kid a piece of my mind and let him know that I was displeased. Will it help? I hope so but in the past, No. But I can always hope and pray that it does.

4 comments:

Jen's World said...

Being lied to is a violation and never feels right, even when the shock factor is missing....I'm sure you'll probably never see the full affect of your prayers or your life. I mean, who knows what will come of giving that kid a piece of your mind? But all of who you are and what you stand for will translate into light in darkness for some.......It's not the greatest consolation, but you could look at it this way, you're in good company. Jesus was betrayed by a kiss.

Matty C. said...

That is my prayer. That who I am will make a difference. The Monday Morning Church book has really opened my eyes to a whole new realm of who I am called to be there.

georgia said...

Just letting the kid know that it's not okay to lie is good. He probably wasn't raised in a home where he was taught values. Your response can show him that there are consequences to his choices.

Debi said...

being lied to does suck though matty!! from anyone for anything. Jen is right though, Jesus was lied to and betrayed by people he loved!!

and on a second note, i know you are changing lives! i know just in my life you have taught me sooooo much about Jesus!! so glad to know you matty!