I'm amazed at the interest in the kids that I work with who just love the guitar. I took in my guitar to work the other night because I had to work graveyard. I needed something to entertain myself on my downtime, which there is a lot of. So I thought that I would see if the kids would like to learn a little about the guitar. They love it. Not only that, but they are grasping it pretty well. Faster than I did. (It could just be because of their teacher. Just kidding.) I played the song "Earth Angel" to them and they loved it (the one from Back to the Future). If anyone knows the artist, I'd like to know. They all want to play it for their girlfriends.
I have also been praying for an inroad to their lives to talk about God. I haven't been able to talk about it but they love hearing the songs. They love "Enough" by Chris Tomlin and "Hear is our King" by David Crowder. They asked for copies to take home. Two of the boys are loving "Hear is our King" because they are easy chords and you only have to move your fingers one string. But hey, it's an inroad and I hope the words show them who Jesus is.
The coolest thing about all this is they are asking to hear me play these songs for them. It's amazing the avenues that God will use to bring people to him. Not to mention the talents and hobbies that He has given us.
I am also hoping that this may inspire some kids to want to continue to play. I know that talking with A.J. B., he saw someone playing and thought that he wanted to do it too. Now look at the dude. He's studly. I'd like to think that God can use me that way and I won't say that He can't or won't.
If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them. Ideas? etc... how to reach the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
crap - it sounds like their learning faster than me. they do have more time on their hands...
It sounds like you've gotten a pretty good idea in the works right now.
http://www.oracleband.net/Lyrics/earth_angel.htm
wow, that's a pretty incredible story. i also like here is our king for the exact same reason . . .
Wow....thats really great, Matty. Like Joknee said, lives forever changed cuz a guy named Matty took his ge-tar to work. And we try and make it so difficult to be used by God when its as simple as this...
Post a Comment