Wednesday, March 05, 2008

3:26 am

It's 3:26 in the am right now. I've been up since 1:09am and I can't sleep. Two nights in a row this is happening. I've laid there, read, but no going back to sleep. So I thought I'd check out some blogs.

The actual reason for this blog is dumb but interesting to me, at least at 3:26am it is.

I get really dry hands. Sometimes they get to the point of bleeding or little cracks. I always put on lotion but it never seems to help. Well, I have this little crack on my right pinky finger and it is on the verge of bleeding. So if you get dry skin, you can imagine. Well, I pop my knuckles and every time I go to pop this pinky knuckle it stings pretty good. Funny part is, I get this itching feeling/sensation near my right kidney every time I pop that knuckle. It's like there is a nerve connected or something.

I know, really weird but it's been happening for a couple of days and I thought I'd share.

6 comments:

digapigmy said...

you pinky bone's connected to your kidney bone.

did you forget the song?

Matty C. said...

Thanks for the reminder.

David said...

When you stick your finger in your belly button, where do you feel an odd sensation? And yes, there is a right answer to this. Ben knows it.

Also, try 50 mg of diphenhydramine HCL; it's the sleep ingredient in tylenol PM and Benadryl. I take it every night because my brain won't go to sleep.

Jen in Budapest said...

dry skin is a bummer! every time I'm in NV my skin drys out too. I don't know what else can be done but drinking tons of water and using gallons of lotion.

There's also a natural substance called melatonin that is supposed to help with sleep too. I've used it in the past and it works.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Matty. REI has some good tri info. Here's a few I'm bookmarking.
http://www.rei.com/learn/Crosstrain/rei/learn/crosstrain/tiptriathlonf

http://www.rei.com/LearnShareDetailArticlesList?storeId=8000&categoryId=Crosstrain&url=rei/learn/crosstrain/howtriathlonf.jsp for

Guess if you still can't sleep after reading, praying, blogging, there's always more tri stuff to read! :0) Let me know if you find anything good

Destro Jones said...

I'm addicted to melatonin. It works.