Friday, March 21, 2008

4 days in AZ

So I had planned on blogging about each day in AZ but it didn't happen. I'm not really into paying a fee to use the internet at a hotel. I've forgotten half the things I wanted to say. Oh well. Anyway, it was really good to hang out with the fam. Always sucks having to say good bye to Don & Fern.

The weather was great. 70-80 degrees. I got to show off my white legs and all. I'm sorry everyone had to miss them. They're pretty nice.

I watched two pro games: Angels vs. Brewers and Giants vs. Cubbies.

Commercial- I'm sneezing right now. I just changed the filter on my vacuum and when I turned it on it launched a ton of dust everywhere. Needless to say, I'm dying.

Giants game was studly. We bought grass seating and then upgraded to a VIP section. All you can eat and one drink ticket. Right on the third base line. Funny story, the people who sat at our table with us used to be from Carson City, where I grew up. Now they live in San Jose, CA. So we get to talking and they know all these people I used to be friends with. Really small world. It turns out that one of the guys, the son, was in Taylor Laacke wedding. They are good friends. Weird. What are the chances of us running into people we know in Arizona, much less at the same table we were sitting at during a game? Weird.

The plane trips kind of sucked. Both there and back I got planes that were delayed. I hate that. However, it's always nice to find a good bar and a $7.50 Michelob Ultra, and watch the NCAA tournament.

Lastly, I've again realized that vacation is expensive. That would be why I don't take very many of them.

It's good to be home though.

4 comments:

David said...

Were the people you met the Coughrans?

Matty C. said...

Ya. They knew you too. Chris actually asked me if I wanted to go out with him and some of his buddies one night. I didn't go but it was pretty nice. What are they like? Seem pretty nice.

David said...

They are pretty nice people. Chris was a really good athlete and his dad may have played in the NBA for a short time.

They're pretty rich, too.

My contact with them was through youth sports.

They were the complete opposite of families like the Campagnis, who were rich enough to run the town and not worry about treating other like crap.

Matty C. said...

Ya, I caught the glimpse that they had money. They all had homes in Scottsdale, San Jose, Tahoe, etc... but yes, they were really nice people. The dad is a pastor of some sort. I don't know if I mentioned that.

Chris seemed to know baseball pretty well.