Monday, March 03, 2008

I love this stuff!!!



I just finished watching "King of Queens," I'm flipping through the channels and noticed that Kansas beat Texas Tech 109-51. That's a slaying. Bobby Knights kid isn't doing too well. Now I'm getting ready to watch some "SWAT."

Anyway, I was made aware of this "Febreze" today so I bought one tonight. OH MY GOSH! This stuff is amazing. It has two different flavors that it switches between so you never get used to just one. Plug it in a "Wala!" I just wanted to tell everyone about it.

********************

1 John 2:6 - "Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did."

This verse last night got me thinking and I continued to think about it throughout today. I think I was thinking of it out of context but I was really interested in it. It is something that I constantly think about. So I wrote it in my journal.

"What were Your day to day interactions like? Did You have random talks with co-workers about stuff? Talks about what You did over the weekend, the fish you caught, the sunset, work? What were You like when you were around those who started talking dirty or drinking? Did you feel weird, just hang out, accept it, laugh at it? Did You crack jokes at work, during Your day? Did You ever get sarcastic and humerous? Did You look at women and think they were beautiful like I do? I ask this because I want to know if my day to day interactions are the same as You'd be doing."

That's a little piece of my journal, a piece of my thoughts from 3/2/08.

13 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

matty you are so stinking funny!! a blog about febreze from a guy, ya gotta love it. course it was louie who so excitededly(sp?) told me about the fabulous fabuloso that smells so fab so you are in good company.
btw febreze is a must have with 2 dogs and lots of stinky children:)

Jen in Budapest said...

Matty...I didn't want to write a blog about this because Nona reads my blog, but this past weekend I too was thinking about how would Jesus live in situations we face. Like I was talking to my pastor about this situation that came up this weekend....when I didn't end up going on a bike ride with Nona and we came back to her flat to make soup, just hanging out, her husband starts smoking a JOINT!!! They both started smoking weed right there. I'm like, Oh Jesus. What would you do? I didn't make a big deal about it but asked if it was legal to smoke pot in Hungary..."No" and they kept smoking. Quite presumptious to assume I wouldn't care....If it happens again I'm going to say, "You know...when you do that you kind of leave me behind and go to another world where I'm not going to join you. I worry about the fact that you're escaping into this world. Please don't when I'm with you....." I guess that's a gracious way to handle it....I don't know? ...Oh Lord, wisdom. Still in shock...a joint? Haven't been around that stuff since high school.

Matty C. said...

I'm just curious about how he was in his free time. He obviously couldn't have been doing what we read about all the time. You know the monotonous parts of our lives or the every day "hum drum."

SeƱor H said...

I thought Jesus made chairs in his free time...at least Mel Gibson said so.

That was good stuff Matty. Those are great questions to ponder on.

TimmyMac said...

You have an amazing mind Matty . . . and I like it!

laura said...

senor already said it, but good stuff.

Matty C. said...

Dave, but my thought is, what is he doing while doing his job. Kind of like us. We shoot the breeze with people, crack jokes, think about personal issues, get pissed off, etc... That's where I'm going with that one.

David said...

Febreze comes in "flavors?" I think you would find Febreze far more useful if you didn't eat it.

By the way, the Febreze candles are pretty awesome, too.

Matty C. said...

I was just going for a different word other that "scent."

digapigmy said...

bobby knight's kid beat texas. that's about as good as you can get with that red raiders team his pops put together. (a little perspective - nevada couldn't beat texas and could easily lose by 70 to kansas)

Matty C. said...

That's funny you say that Brent because I was talking to a buddy tonight and I told him that being a Texas Tech fan is the equalivalent to being a Nevada fan.

digapigmy said...

pretty similar, matty, pretty similar. only nevada isn't in a good conference, so we don't even have the opportunity to go out and play a kansas and a texas (and eke out a win now and then).

Matty C. said...

We do get to play the North Carolina, Kansas, UCONN and Cal teams every so often. May not be consistant but we play big teams every year. We can sometimes hang.