Monday, March 24, 2008

"You said all that follow You may find
Comfort in pain, blessing in hard times"

-Third Day-


At times, I don't know how I feel about this. Sometimes I don't feel there is truth to this statement.

Yesterday, I was thinking about some aspects of my life. I have areas of frustration and frankly, I feel pissed off about it. Maybe even left alone or hanged out to dry. In this frustration, I kind of avoid God. I don't really want to go to Him because I feel that He left me hanging.

I was thinking about my next move. Where do I go from here? What do I say, what do I do?

I got to thinking about a husband/wife relationship. Even amongst being pissed off and having disagreements, they know they still love each other and they made a committment to work through issues. They have a foundation and they abide by that.

I know God is my foundation and even amongst me being upset with Him, I still know who He is and I can't deny that. I have to decide that I'm going to work through it.

3 comments:

digapigmy said...

i often find myself angry at God. i spend a lot of time wondering when His promises are going to come true for me.

i don't have a good answer for this, maybe because i am currently in the middle of the same thing.

Matty C. said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Jen in Budapest said...

Really heart-felt post, Matty.I think of Hebrews 11 and people mentioned who died before receiving their promises, their victories. They had a hell of a time on earth. Of course I'm hoping I won't be counted in THAT PART of the Hebrews 11 list of heroes. I'd much prefer to receive good things here, thank you very much. And you too I'm sure.

I'm glad God's not afraid of our honesty. I used to think He was going to strike me dead. (catholic upbringing?) but now I realize He understands and actually wants to help me get to the other side of understanding. For you this is what I wish - understanding, peace and ultimately new songs of thanksgiving and worship to the God who knows you better than you know yourself :D