Sunday, August 29, 2010

Documentary's, games and movies...

Nicole's family is from northern Europe. Finland actually. In the short amount of time I've gotten to spend with her grandfather, who is fully Finnish, I've come to realize that he's a pretty interesting guy. One of the things I love to hear him talk about is his WWII history. He was six years old when Finland was bombed by the Germans. (To my knowledge, the Russians had invaded Finland just prior to the German bombings.) Hearing his recollections of the events is absolutely intriguing.

This video, Fire and Ice: The Winter War of Finland and Russia, (click to view trailer) is a pretty good documentary of what was going on during his childhood at the time.




******************************

Have you ever played the Domino game "Mexican Train?" We played it last night at Ron & Julie's house. Three words: I got killed!

******************************


Nicole & I watched "The Switch" today. (Click to view trailer) In the words of my wife, "it was cute." I thought it was pretty good too. For some reason, Jason Bateman makes me laugh in everything he's in.


******************************

I think I'm going to take a Spanish class this semester. Spanish conversation I. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything from my first go-round in college so I may attempt it again. Hopefully I'll put a little more effort into this one. It starts Tuesday and I'm still not in. We'll see!

No comments: