Being in a relationship/married to Nicole has definitely gotten me to do new things. I'm learning to dance, trying to communicate better, watch Audrey Hepburn films, go to chiseled class, watch chick flicks and cooking shows, be a little more sensitive, and even become a daddy. But, this relationship recently took me to a place where I thought I'd never go... sharing a tooth brush. Yes, we did. We had to do it.
******************************
Some random facts/knowledge...
"Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts."
"The temperature at Deeth, NV soared from a morning low of 12 degrees to a high of 87 degrees, a record daily warm-up for the state."
I didn't even know of a Deeth, NV. Much like the rest of this state I know nothing about. I'm going to work on fixing that.
******************************
I went to some training this last week in Cotati, CA. My expectation was that it was going to be some "touchy/feely" kinda training. It was precisely that! But it was really good.
I learned how to be a facilitator of the Boy's Council. It's a new program that a co-worker and I will be putting on at work. After attending, I'm optimistic about the program.
******************************
Mary's Pizza Shack: I spent three nights there for dinner/happy hour while in Cotati, CA. That is some quality grubbin' with a great atmosphere, a flat screen TV and baseball or football game on every night.
I can't forget to give out some props to Lombardi's BBQ & Deli, where I ate every day for lunch. Awesome Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich minus tomato & a milk.
******************************
I'm training for another half marathon in November. I'm running it with my buddy Scott. I'm excited. It's going to be either the Two Cities Half Marathon in Fresno/Clovis, CA or the Big Sur Half Marathon in Monterey, CA.
I can't wait to go hang with my buddy for the weekend and punish the body a bit.
I'd still like to run a full marathon (26.2 miles) at some point but I don't think this body of mine agrees with me. My orthopaedic surgeon agrees with my body as well. His words when I asked him his opinion of me running a full marathon... "you'll keep me in business."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How could you even consider running in Fresno instead of Monterey?
The way I see it is Monterey is our #1 choice but it would be pretty spendy to stay there for the weekend. It's a great place, great views and is a little vacation like. Or, we could go to Fresno, stay at Scotty's for free, hang out with them and accomplish the same thing.
That's why. And , Scotty has a sweet place. It's fun to go there.
On a separate note, what do you think of Nevada heading to the Mountain West Conference? I like it if they will keep some of the better schools from leaving in the near future.
A mid-major is a mid-major. Doesn't matter if it's the WAC or the MWC. Those conferences will never get respect -- and rightly so -- from the BCS or during March madness.
It's just a ploy to make it look like something is happening, but it's just a lateral move.
Post a Comment