Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sept. 23rd. Zac Brown Band. Lawlor Events Center. 7:00 pm. We bought tickets. I'm stoked! So is the wife. Yes!!!

******************************

I'm a big advocate for exercise. I not only do it for health reasons but I really enjoy it and ultimately, it makes me feel good about myself. That's why I do it.

Here's an interesting article I recently read from the New York Times. If you don't want to run for your health, run for this. It may pay off.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/11/phys-ed-can-exercise-moderate-anger/

******************************

This hotel living is not too bad. Nicole & I are working on two and a half weeks here. It's a bit rough on her as she battles morning, mid-day, evening (or whatever you want to call it) sickness. She's a trooper though. I feel for her. So I guess when I say it's not too bad, it's not too bad on me.

For me, well, I feel bad because nothing is wrong with me. I wish it was one of those things we could share. Her one day, me the next, and so on. But no, it's just her pain. I can't even say "I know how you feel" because I really don't. I just sit here and try to help and not feel dumb.

******************************

I got to hang with some of the boys last night at poker night. I had a good time. I didn't win, which is nothing new, but I still got to hang with 'em.

Texas Hold 'em has never really been my forte. I usually end up donating money. Maybe that's why I get invited?

******************************

I'm a big fan of The Dan Patrick Show. I usually listen to the podcast a day after it airs because I can't hear it live. But one of the things I try to do everyday is vote on the poll question of the day.

Yesterday's show (Wednesday, 8/11/10), the poll question got me thinking a bit about brawling in baseball. They asked something towards the line of "If you were involved in a brawl, would you a) throw punches, b) break it up, or c) watch?

My answer: b) break it up. I'm definitely not a fighter. At least until I get clocked by someone I didn't see coming. That changes everything!

Anyway, I saw the fight on Sportscenter between the Reds and Cardinals and the first thing I remember thinking is what about all those kids in the stands. What are they learning from this?

That thought means one of two things to me. First, I'm growing up, or second, I'm just losing my manly instincts to want to see a good fight. I don't know but what I saw was pretty bad. Grown men, making millions of dollars, who are heroes to so many, pushing, yelling, and even kicking other players in the face with metal spikes. That's bad! Or I guess it could be considered by some a "good one."

I don't know how I feel about fighting in professional baseball but I do know that I get heated at times and when I'm wronged or passionate about something, I'm willing to fight for it. But in this context I just don't know. I guess it just happens and you end up backing up your buddy next to you.

No comments: