Friday, February 15, 2008

Frickin' body parts

I'm not old yet. But I still seem to get injured like an old person. What the heck? I've been nursing a messed up ankle since October of '07. I had to pretty much stop running because of pain and completely stop as of December 3, 2007. So for 2 months, no running. It's like one of the few things that I really want to be able to do.

It's all good until I go to the orthopedic two days ago. He tells me that I should probably take another two months off for my foot to heal. It's only tendinitis is what I keep telling myself. But the doc says that it won't heal very quickly. I keep telling myself that it's not that long but I keep thinking of it in terms of being 4+ months of not doing something that I really do enjoy. Bugs the crap out of me.

The only good from this is that I know doc. Edmonds knows what he's talking about and that it forces me to ride the bike more. Life goes on...

3 comments:

scoeyd said...

take it from me... it's better to rest it... going at it hard, hoping it'll take care of itself doesn't get it done. Neither does going proud soldier, pretending there is no pain.

Some good deep tissue massage might be good for it, & some Yogi-lates might help too. Just a different type of workout for a Sexy Matty.

SeƱor H said...

riding the bike doesn't hurt your ankle? I'll be praying for you, I know how frustrating it is to be injured enough to stop doing the things that you love. In my case I still did them, just really poorly. And I've heard nothing but great stuff re:doc edmonds.

David said...

You don't have to worry about old person injuries until you fart and break your hip at the same time.