Monday, February 18, 2008

the tree is gone and Valtrex keeps coming on...

I finally took my christmas tree down. It is one of those things that I just keep putting off and tell myself that I'll do tomorrow. Well, tomorrow came and I finally put it away. It actually freed up a lot of space in my not-so-spacious pad. I was in a little bit of a cleaning mode and decided it was time. I personally liked it. It added some character to my house. Oh well, I'll see it in about eleven months.

******************************************

I'm currently watching "Sweet Home Alabama" with Reese Witherspoon. I know, chick flick, but I like it. Anyway, the Valtrex commercial for "genital herpes" keeps coming on. It reminds me of the time I saw all those pictures of STD's. Ouch!!! Anyway, A lot of times I see those commercials I have to put myself there and imagine myself having to explain to the person I'm about to "do the deed" with that I have genital herpes. If that's not one of the most awkward moments in a persons life, I don't know what is. I'd love to witness a moment that beats that.

8 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

i still have christmas cards hanging up so don't feel too bad. i love to look at the pictures and get kinda sad when they are gone.

laura said...

I really hope your tree was artificial...
we always laugh at the valtrex people, they always look so happy, even with their herpes!

Matty C. said...

They do. They treat it like it's no big deal. To me, that's pretty big!

digapigmy said...

i don't think you'd actually like to witness a moment more awkward than that.

that being said, the delay on our comments is now gone which makes me almost as happy as a person with herpes (if you believe valtrex).

laura said...

I second that diga... yay for no more comment delays!

Jen in Budapest said...

Wow! STD's are a good incentive for abstinence. This girl I knew in LA named Lakita Garth wrote a book called "The Naked Truth" and she went into highschools giving the raw, nasty untold details about STD's. Maybe a few got scared into abstinence after that school assembly! Not so pretty and as Laura pointed out their "happy" faces -- we know the real truth definitely doubt they are happy campers.

scoeyd said...

Mung - you crack me up. I still remember your questions to the Good Doctor:

#1- How can I NOT get that on my dong?
#2- Do you use a laser to cut that mushroomy thing off?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...

Matty C. said...

Lou,
I can still remember those picture like we watched them yesterday. Pictures like that aren't supposed to scare a middle schooler.