Friday, February 29, 2008
Nevada Boxing
I just got home and thought I'd blog on my night. I work with a buddy who used to box for Nevada. He was a 3 time national champ and his 4th he had to quit because of an inner ear injury. So tonight he asked me to go watch Nevada boxing with him and his fiance. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know what to expect. It was awesome. I've never really watched boxing much but it was sweet. I highly recommend it if you have a chance to check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Boxing's cool.....never thought of brawling as having a point system and actual rules....kind of funny..apparently, Noel and I are related to the undefeated famous boxer Rocky Marciano. He was my grandma's second cousin or something like that... from Brockton, Mass....and gotta love the Cinderella Man....great life story....
we are HUGE boxing fans. the only reason we subscribe to HBO, actually. we will have to go check it out, never actually attended a live fight.
I didn't really know what to think about boxing. It's always looked fun, but when I actually did it, I got creamed. So I didn't know what to think.
I was actually a little hesitant to go but looking back, I had such a fun time. I am hoping to have my buddy tell me from now on when there is a fight again. I may just be interested so much because it was Nevada. I'm a pretty avid Nevada fan.
I also thought it was cool to see people from West Point.
Jen, I'm a big fan of "Million Dollar Baby." I almost cried in that movie when I was watching it with a bunch of kids from work. It was brutal. I'll never do that again. I may not even watch the movie again.
Laura, I'll try and let you and your husband in on when some matches are here in Reno. My buddy works a lot of them.
never saw the million dollar baby ....cinderella man is definitely a bit of a tear jerker too.
i had a friend who boxed for nevada. we drove to berkely one time to watch him. it was ok, but he got his arse handed to him.
i am just not as into boxing as i am into mixed martial arts either.
We love boxing too. When I worked for the radio station I got to see some live boxing matches - the one that sticks out the most was the chick fight with Mia St. John. I also went to King of the Cage, that was pretty brutal for my taste, but lots-o-fun!
Matty-real men don't cry.
I used to like boxing, but since I started watching MMA (mixed martial arts) it just wasn't the same.
MMA isn't bad, but Jay and I were just discussing the other day how we aren't 100% comfortable yet watching 2 sweaty guys wrapping their legs around each other...
Post a Comment