Sunday, February 17, 2008

Some thoughts

A little while back, I blogged about how I was feeling in regards to my living out my faith. I remember wondering if I was becoming too liberal in a sense that I wasn't following Christ properly. Maybe like I was becoming a "fence walker." It wasn't anything I really worried about but I did wonder about it at times.

Today, I remember sitting in church, listening to Lou's speech and God either spoke to me or revealed to me that what I was doing in my life is exactly the way it's supposed to happen. I'm living out the practical day to day life that He wants me to live. I'm doing it.

What I mean is, I analyze and look into aspects of my life so much that I never felt like I could just live and enjoy living. Lately, I just enjoy living. I don't feel bad if I don't read, etc., or miss the church function. I just live. It feels very free. I like it!

Another thing that has been kind of nice that is still a little bit of a struggle but I'm being freed from is caring or wondering what others think of me and my decisions. I've been talking with my buddy Ben while we work out at the gym, and hearing his encouragement to just live and not allow this struggle to take over my thoughts has been very freeing but hard to comprehend. I can't really describe how I feel about it but it is really hard for me. But, I do enjoy knowing that there is freedom to come.

***************************************

On a completely separate note, I ate tuna fish tonight for the first time since, I think, college, 3 years ago. Bumble Bee tuna, light miracle whip and lots of sweet pickle relish on saltine crackers. It was so good.

I do think I needed that break from tuna fish though. I ate so much of it in college. It was healthy, cheap, and had lots of protein for working out.

***************************************

Lastly, I'm watching "American Gladiators" right now. I don't really know how I feel about the new one. The Hulk, he just doesn't fit. I was an avid watcher of the old one but I can't really decide how I feel about the new one yet. I do know that the women gladiators in the old one were really hot and a few of them in the new one are too. Anyway, there is a girl on there tonight that has the same personality and looks just like Jessica Angle. Funny!

7 comments:

scoeyd said...

Soccer mom does have the attitude, spunk, & general appearance of Jessica A. I bet after Angle #4 is launched into the world, she'll be a contender for gladiator of the year...

Matty C. said...

She was like a spittin' image.

digapigmy said...

i've heard about this angle lookalike. i just can't bring myself to watch american gladiators, though i would like to see this.

Matty C. said...

I struggle watching American Gladiators but for some reason I watched it that night. I could only bring myself to catch little parts whenever it was on. I just think it's bad tv.

Scotty Do said...

that show is horrific! the hulk calls every one 'brother' even the women....that dude just needs to retire and stop wearing a fake mullet

Matty C. said...

Brother, I know. He's pretty bad.

Matty C. said...

Hey buddy,
That is you. I thought for a second that was someone else that I didn't know. But it's my buddy. Glad you came on. Keep writing.