I've been throwing around the idea of doing a triathlon. Just a short one. Not a full or Ironman but something achievable. I've looked at the Malibu triathlon and it looks pretty fun. 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike and a 6 mile run.
Slide show - http://www.vpphotography.com/Nautica/
So I decided to start swimming and preparing for it. Swimming is hard! It's like not running for a while and then expecting to be able to run 5 miles. I was getting worked by a bunch of 70-80 year old men and women. I was a wimp in the pool.
Anyway, I started to question if I wanted to continue this quest of mine to complete a triathlon. I decided that I must. I've got that mentality that if I decide to try something I have to stick to it the best I can. So I will continue. I have a guess to what I'm going to learn out of this and one of those things is that swimming is hard and it's going to continue to be hard.
One thing I worry about are the outfits. Tight/extended speedo/biker short, is not my thing. I can handle a wetsuit in the ocean but where do I get normal clothes after the swim. I must figure that one out before I do this. Matty don't wear that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember when I decided I was going to start swimming for exercise. I got a new bathing suit and a gym membership and I was set to go.
I thought I would start out slow with thirty minutes. After 10, I was standing in the pool with my hands on my knees while old people passed back and forth on both sides of me.
I know dude. Swimming is frickin' brutal. But I love that kind of stuff. I love being active and getting in shape. Sucks while I'm doing it but I feel so good about myself. Then I start to like it. It all works out.
The speedo works for you.
Matty! That's great about doing the sprint tri and can I just say I have "tri" jealousy? I would take Malibu over London ANY day of the week!! Jealous but happy for you. Let me know if you figure anything out to make the swims easier. It's kickin' my bootie too.
Jen, I'm really wondering how the transitions go. I've been trying to find any articles or anything on how to do those. Can't find a thing.
Hey Matty! wow.....you're on it. i haven't thought a lot about the transitions but I have gathered a few tips from some articles and could email those to you. I've just been gathering info at this point. When is the tri event you're looking at doing? Man that Malibu one sounds great. Of all the places in the world besides Hawaii, I would think that would be up there with the best spots!! How fun for ya!
Post a Comment