Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Food!!! I like food!!!

So, I'm really one of those people that likes being really active. I am always on the go. I pretty much like anything that has to do with physical activity. Running, biking, hiking, being in the outdoors, etc... I have always been able to be in a healthy body as well. Well, I've noticed since this fall that my metabolism is slowing if you know what I mean. I've added a few pounds. About 10. Not too bad. But for me, I feel it's a little too much.

Anyway, like I said, I'm a very active person but I can't seem to drop this extra 10. I don't really worry too much about it but it does bug me a little. So I've been working out a lot like I normally do. Run, bike and work out. The norm for me. Well, nothing works. Everyone I talk to says "how's your diet." I tell them that I like my food. So what "right." NO! I hear from everyone. You can't do what you do and expect good results is what everyone tells me. I'm active. How come it doesn't work?

I work out fairly hard and run and bike a decent amount but the weight stays. They say that as long as I do what I do, the weight is going to stay on. I don't get it. Work hard and stay heavier. It sucks. I like to eat and work out. Why can't there be a happy medium. I don't want to just be a runner or biker or just work out. I like doing it all. And I like to eat. It's a gift. I have always been able to. But I want the extra weight to go.

I'm really struggling because I really struggle giving up food. I like to eat. I'm one of those people. How do I do it?

4 comments:

Jen's World said...

I like food too, especially tuna fish sandwiches made my way back in the states. I'll probably gain when I get home from eating good, yummy tuna fish sandwiches. Love em when they're done right.

georgia said...

Try this. I'm following it right now.

http://www.metabolictyping.com

digapigmy said...

food is awesome. i'd like to help you, but you're dealing with a guy that has basically stopped running because it interferes too much with his schedule.

JayBird said...

I with you, dude. I'm starting to shed the pounds now after I made a couple changes: I increased how much I run (and the duration) and I eat about 6 times a day (small meals/snacks). I also stopped lifting weights (made me crazy hungry and I always overate). This weight stuff is very personal/subjective, but those are the things I did. Oh, and I cut back on the fast food a bit. Now, when I have fast food, I get the dukes. TMI, I bet. :>)