Friday, February 09, 2007

Roommates

So I'm losing a roommate. I view that as bad and good. Mostly bad though because this guy is pretty much the greatest dude ever. Anyway, I'm very happy for the guy but I just don't want him to go. We have fun. We joke, we're quite, we just hang. It's great. Never a dull moment. But, he's getting hitched. I'm happy for him. It's that time in life when this stuff happens. I just hope I still see the guy. In the past, I usually never see my buddies that move on into the world of living with a real woman. I understand why but I miss hanging with them. Oh well, that's life.

I'm not really looking forward to getting a new roommate so I really don't know if I will. Living alone sounds kind of cool. Well, for about 32 seconds, then I think boring, and get over it. I think the only good thing about living alone would be walking around naked and I still can't do that. It's creapy to me. Anyway, I get bored, even now, when my roommate is gone at night. I have no idea how I'm going to do it. I just don't want a different roommate. I'm at a crossroads.

So do I go out and try to let someone else into my circle of trust and let them live with me? That means getting to know someone else's ways, ticks, style, habits, etc... Sounds like way too much work. Maybe I'll just stick with the "Mattman." I don't know. I'm pretty much in one of those venting modes now. I just need to move on. Let the dude go. It's just a roommate. You'll still see him is what I tell myself. But it's more than that to me. He's my buddy. He understands me, my sense of humor and most of all, he's not moody.

Anyway, I wish him well as he moves on and moves in with two women. He's got his work cut out for him. I know no other man ready for the job. Good luck dude.

6 comments:

TimmyMac said...

I'd love to come live with you, but alas, Sue won't let me . . .

Matty C. said...

It's all good.

No(dot dot)el said...

matty you are back , finally!! that was some golf trip!! i don't know if i could survive at this point without roomates. i have 5 of them right now and i have to say when they are all gone which doesn't happen often but it has happened and when it does it is way toooooooo quiet :)

Matty C. said...

I just get too dang lonely.

Destro Jones said...

Baby steps.

Try wakling around the place in your boxer shorts first.

It helps if it's 100 degrees outside.

Matty C. said...

How about my thong?