Monday, May 19, 2008

80's

I've got the 80's station on my tv right now. It's awesome! I love it. Where else can you hear Madonna followed shortly thereafter by Guns N Roses? By the way, Madonna rocks! (just kidding Opie.)

*****************************

Monday's have the greatest lineup of tv on CBS: 1) Big Bang Theory 2) How I Met Your Mother 3) 2 1/2 Men (I don't care about that one) 4) Rules of Engagement

I hope I can stay awake.

5 comments:

David said...

I actually own Madonna's "Immaculate Collection." I'm not proud of that, but I'm not ashamed either.

You can't deny a good pop song. I mean, really, there aren't many pop songs better than "Open Your Heart"

digapigmy said...

i also own immaculate collection. while i'm sure opie would dispute such a loose use of the word "rocks" - a disorder i have gotten over trying to correct - madonna is one of the best at what she does.

as was axl and the boys, but only for a small fraction of the time.

David said...

It's true, only rock bands are eligible to be able to rock. But keep in mind that it doesn't mean they do, in fact, rock.

I don't make the rules.

Matty C. said...

What other term would you use, "they're good?" You can use "rock" in any instance. It's has a very liberal meaning anymore. Kinda like "sick" or "dope." (I must emphasize that I don't use "sick" or "dope" however, "rock" is huge in my vocabulary.)

I actually remember thinking that song I was listening to, which I don't remember which one, was pretty good.

David said...

As long as you're not talking about music, you can use "rock" to describe stuff that's good.

Otherwise, I think words such as "awesome," "genius," or "amazing" work.

Madonna's "Immaculate Collection" is awesome.

Waffles rock.

Both true statements.